Below is a breakdown of our new golf program for this year If you have any questions or you want to sign up for any of the clinics or private lessons with our Assistant Golf Professional Jake Wyatt you can contact him @801-616-0659 or the Pro Shop @801-465-2549
2017 Junior Golf Schedule
New for 2017 we will have a new Jr. program here at Gladstan. We will be going with the U.S. Kids Golf Curriculum. There are several benefits to going with this new program.
- Smaller class sizes
- Classes grouped by skill level (level 1, 2, 3)
- Objective based learning with prizes for each objective passed
- Learning through games and fun competitions
- Prizes and recognition for passing each level
We are very excited for this new program and look forward to showcasing it to everyone. The clinics will be held on the following dates. We will add more dates if needed
- May 15th-18th 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM
- June 5th-8th 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM, 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- June 13th-16th 9:00 to 10:30 AM, 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- July 11th-15th 8:00 to 9:30 AM, 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- July 31st– Aug 3rd 8:00 to 9:30 AM, 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- August 21st-24th 8:00 to 9:30 AM, 9:30 AM to 11:00 PM
The clinics will cost $75.00 per student. Players will receive a Hat, engraved water bottle, 6 hours of instruction and instructional Booklets / achievement pins for each level.
We will also be conducting a High School Golf prep class as well. This will be focusing on proper practice, course management as well as the mental side of the game to help players prepare for tryouts or just to improve their standing on their team. These will be held on consecutive Saturdays to give the students an opportunity to practice the drills and techniques learned in week 1. $100.00 per student
- July 15th and 22nd 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
2017 Southern Utah County PGA Jr. League
The PGA Jr. Golf League will be a team of 10 Juniors from Gladstan ages 8-15 years old. This league is for beginner to intermediate skilled golfers looking to play in a fun team filled competition. We will be playing in tournaments against other local golf courses in 2 person 9 hole scramble teams. We do need a high level of commitment and parent involvement for rides to tournaments and so we can have a full team for every tournament. The player fee is $175.00 and includes:
- The players Youth On Course membership.
- Under Armour Golf shirt, and Hat.
- 3 lessons / supervised practice with Assistant Golf Professional Jake Wyatt.
- 5 Tournaments at local golf courses (Eastbay, Gladstan, Spanish Oaks, Riverside Country Club, Roosevelt )
- A Players Luncheon and Prize Ceremony at the final tournament.
Tournament dates are:
- June 14th (Riverside Country Club) 8am tee times
- June 20th (Spanish Oaks Golf Course) 10pm Shotgun
- July 13th (East Bay Golf Course) 8am Shotgun
- July 27th (Gladstan Golf Course) TBD
- TBD Roosevelt Golf Course
If there are any questions or if you want to sign up for any of the clinics or events call the golf shop @ 801-465-2549, or Assistant Golf Professional Jake Wyatt @ 801-616-0659.
Follow the Gladstan Golf Course Facebook page for the latest news and updates from the golf shop.
Follow the Southern Utah County PGA Jr. League Facebook page for tournament dates, league info, and tournament results/pictures.